Gerrit 2.14 has been released now and also 2.14.1 has been released with a ton of bug fixes over 70+ and now also 2.14.2 with other 90+ bug fixes including one big bug fix we need.
The release notes are at https://www.gerritcodereview.com/releases/2.14.md
Main features / bug fixes:
- You can get external id's through the rest api.
- Requires java 8+ now.
- Bouncy castle is no longer needed as a external dep. it is now installed into the war so no need to download it anymore.
- Load external IDs from primary storage (ReviewDb). Fixes T152640 (partially, full fix will be in 2.16 / 3.0)
- Buck has been replace with bazel, see https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/Documentation/dev-bazel.html
- We will need to update our it's-phabricator plugin for this update see T156024 . This includes some important upgrades like introduction of closure compiler (soy) replacing velocity.
- Also this release will support elasticsearch along side lucene. (this is experimental and does not yet work with elasticsearch 5.x+)
- They have added support for soy template and deprecated the other template we use for our mail template in gerrit.
- PolyGerrit will now be accessible through a cookie. PolyGerrit is enabled by default but not default ui. (Works on prefixed urls and works on https://gerrit.git.wmflabs.org/r/?polygerrit=1)
- Emails are now sent in html format by default instead of the old default of plain text. (Though this can be disabled in your preference if you want).
- ssh-eddsa is now supported which means a more securer code review server. https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/#/c/100998/ (though there was a bug that actually prevented this from working, Fix was released upstream and is included in gerrit 2.15+)
- The ability to delete your own changes (open or abandoned) if you have the permission to do so and for admins to delete any open or abandoned changes.
- You can now create tags through the web ui like you can with branches.
- You can now set a assignee for changes.