- Open <p>abc</p><p>123456789</p> in VE
- Put the cursor at the end of the first paragraph, press Ctrl+B and press d. A bolded d appears.
- Press right arrow. The cursor jumps to the start of the second paragraph.
- Press left arrow. The cursor should jump back to the end of the first paragraph, but it doesn't go anywhere.
- Press right arrow a few times. The cursor should move one position to the right for each arrow key press, but it moves two positions per key press instead.
- Press left arrow. The cursor should move back one position, but it doesn't move at all.
If you enable input debugging, you'll see at step 3 that the pair of unicorns around d is never destroyed.