After merging a patch on Gerrit, I need to
- deploy the changes / run build
- send a notification to SAL
On heritage, we automated the process as much as we could. The bin/deploy-to-toollabs.sh script does the following:
- SSH into Labs
- Become heritage
- git pull
- (could run build (installing requirements / build composer) − there is just no need for it right now)
- generate the log message for SAL.
The manual steps are:
- Running this bash script locally
- Copy/Pasting the generated message, log into IRC, posting
We would want these tasks to be automatically done by Jenkins on post-merge.