We are coming up on a month of a "old" labstore setup being dormant. We have monitoring and backups in place for the new setup. I am making this task to outline the next phase of preparing labstore1001/1002 for a similar setup to the existing labstore1004/1005 and to close the legacy tasks outstanding in relation to old setup.
Shelves are attached to labstore1001 physically only (even though the naming in racktables is confusing to that effect). Both labstore1001 and labstore1002 have H800 RAID cards.
Labstore1001 - attached to labstore1001-array1 and labstore1001-array2
Labstore1002 - attached to labstore1002-array1 and labstore1002-array2
labstore1001-array3 - spare for now
- Move labstore1002 to another rack (currently both are in C3)
- Adjust shelve arrangement to match above proposal
- Setup disks in BIOS for new shelve arrangement. Propose RAID10.
- Reinstall OS on both servers (probably need a recipe applied)
- Direct cable eth1 between both servers
- Puppetize a redundant storage setup where we can move scratch and maps too (could we squeeze out enough here to move dumps to it for migration purposes / maint?)