Steps to recreate:
- Open https://en.wikipedia.beta.wmflabs.org/wiki/Dog
- Hover over carnivorous (in the first sentences)
- Open in new tab clicking (Ctrl+click or CMD+Click on a Mac) the link
- Move mouse and go to other new tab, see hovercard disappear
- Close new Carnivore tab, when the Dog tab gets re-focused...
- There's no preview
- The carnivore hovercard will re-appear, and won't close until clicking somewhere or hovering the preview
Note: not observed in Chrome or Safari browsers
Using the ctrl+link method it also happens on the following OS and browsers:
- Windows 10 - Edge & IE 11 & Chrome 56
- Windows 8.1 - IE11 & Chrome 56
Sign Off AC
- Mark T160545: Bring back keyboard support to PagePreviews as resolved.
Seems like this is related to the focus event on the link being re-triggered when the tab is re-focused...