- Name of tool/project: FileExporter Extension
- Project home page: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:FileExporter
- Name of team requesting review: WMDE-TechWish (Wikimedia Deutschland)
- Primary contact: @Addshore @WMDE-Fisch @Tobi_WMDE_SW @Bmueller @Lea_WMDE
- Target date for deployment: Before Q4 2017
- Link to code repository / patchset: https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/admin/projects/mediawiki/extensions/FileExporter
- Programming Language(s) Used: PHP
Description of the tool/project
A simple extension to provide a link on File pages which will redirect the user to page provided by the FileImporter extension on Wikimedia Commons.
Description of how the tool will be used at WMF
If will be installed on all wikis (except for commons).
- This also depends on the development of the FileImporter extension
Has this project been reviewed before?
Only review inside the WMDE-TechWish team.
Working test environment
- None setup on labs, but the extension is easy to install (see instructions on mw.org)
- After enabling the extension, navigate to a file page and see the new link in the top bar