This task will track the racking, initial setup, and deployment of services onto netmon1002.
Once the system is racked by @Cmjohnson and
- - system racked (rack seems to be immaterial, but network admins may disagree. It also may be easier on network admins to put this in the same rack as netmon1001, since then its a simple find/replace for any networking level changes. ( racked this in a4)
- - update switch config to place in public vlan.
- - update T159757 with the switch port assignment, so the other related router changes can be made for this system.
- - mgmt dns entries for both asset tag and hostname (netmon1002)
- - bios/drac setup and tested [end on-site steps, can hand off to @RobH]
- - production dns entry in public vlan
- - install OS (jessie)
- - sign/accept salt/puppet (don't set a role yet!)
- - setup IPv6 on host
- - step by step migration of each service will need to be reviewed, since they are migrating from jessie to stretch (was: from precise to jessie but that was already done in place)
The migration of services to netmon1002 from netmon1001 will require a full review of each service/role assigned to the host, since it is also a migration between OS/distros.
Presently, netmon1001 runs the following, all of which will need to be migrated:
- - rancid::server (done, migrated)
- - librenms (in progress)
- - servermon::wmf (done, moved to netmon1003 for now)
- - network::monitor (done)
- - torrus (done, removed)
- - smokeping (done, migrated)
- - ganglia::monitor::aggregator (for codfw & eqiad) (done, removed)
The inclusions shouldn't typically cause an issue between precise and jessie at this point, but in case they do:
- - include ::standard
- - include ::passwords::network
- - include ::base::firewall
also see: T166180 (setup netmon2001, the codfw equivalent)