after confirming with @fgiunchedi , decom fluorine fully by going through these steps (from template)
fluorine is a Dell R310 purchasing during the initial buildout of eqiad. It is well out of warranty, and will be fully decommissioned. This will not be reclaimed into spares.
- - all system services confirmed offline from production use
- - set all icinga checks to maint mode/disabled while reclaim/decommmission takes place.
- - remove system from all lvs/pybal active configuration
- - remove system from puppet/hiera/dsh/dhcp/installserver config
- - remove site.pp (replace with role::spare if system isn't shut down immediately during this process.)
START NON-INTERRUPPTABLE STEPS
- - disable puppet on host
- - remove all remaining puppet references (include role::spare)
- - power down host
- - puppet node clean, puppet node deactivate, salt key removed
- - check server is gone from Icinga and Servermon
- - remove production dns entries
- - disable switch port
- - switch port assignment noted on this task (for later removal) (asw-a-eqiad:ge-4/0/7)
END NON-INTERRUPPTABLE STEPS
- - WAIT, DO NOT WIPE YET (will be confirmed separately) - CONFIRMED CAN WIPE
- - system wiped
- - system disks wiped (by onsite)
- - system unracked and decommissioned (by onsite), update racktables with result
- - switch port configration removed from switch once system is unracked..