Currently, pointers of the revision slider can be positioned anywhere. If they are put behind the other pointer, their change color and flip, so that the left pointer always indicates the left revision and the right pointer always indicates the right revision. In user tests, this has turned out to be confusing.
Change the look of the pointers as follows:
- Revisions are changed by moving pointers (round in the mock) on sliders (lines in the mock)
- Pointers can be moved by Drag and Drop
- Pointers can be moved by clicking on the slider
- Pointers cannot be moved further than where the other pointer is. This means that the yellow slider does not extend to- or beyond the blue pointer to the right, and that the blue slider does not extend to- or beyond the yellow pointer on the left. This means yellow and blue pointers cant be switched, the blue pointer is always the most right, the yellow always the most left one.
- Clicking on the bars does not move the slider anymore, except if bars are overlayed by the slider (see next point)
- The area of the slider that reacts to clicking (and thus moves the pointer) can be larger then the line itself; The blue slider’s click-sensitive area can extend to the bottom for 10 more pixel, the click sensitive area for the yellow slider can extend to the top 10 more pixel. For the click sensitive area see the following mock, where these arease are highlighted:
- When hovering over the click sensitive area, a "click mouse"
- When hovering over the pointers, a "drag mouse"
- When hovering over the bars outside of the click sensitve area, no changed mouse
Only deploy the change for users who use the revisionslider as a beta feature. This does not include any wikis where the revisionslider is a default feature, even if users originally turned it on as a beta feature.