The "ORES sensitivity" preference on the RC page controls which edits ORES flags with the "r" that means "should be reviewed." It also controls what edits get hidden when the user has selected "Hide probably good edits." This preference currently appears on Recent Changes, but it also controls Watchlist and Contributions (I assume).
Here are proposed changes for the Sensitivity controls, necessitated by the RC Filters beta and our move to take ORES out of beta:
- **Displayed by default: **The Sensitivity controls used to appear only to those who opted in to the ORES beta. But now they will appear by default for all users on all ORES wikis at such time as the RC Filters beta is released.
- **Moves to Watchlist: **The Sensitivity controls will move from the Recent Changes preferences to the Revision Scoring section of the Watchlist preferences.
- **Conform thresholds to ERI standard levels: ** There are currently three sensitivity levels—Lowest, Low and High. These levels don't correspond with our newly standardized filter thresholds. That is not a problem on Watchlist, but on Recent Changes it will become apparent to anyone who is paying attention (e.g., when they use highlighting). So unless there is a reason to keep these as they are (@Halfak?), this task proposes to conform these levels with the new system. See below for details.
- **Text changes**, as described below, to explain the functions of these controls more fully.
==Proposed UI text
Sets the level of probability required before the machine-language service ORES flags edits with an "r" to indicate that they are likely to have problems and "need review" on the Recent Changes, Watchlist and Contributions pages. Also affects which edits count as "probably good" for the "Hide probably good edits" preference on those pages.
- May have problems (flags most problem edits but includes many false positives)
- Likely have problems (medium probability) [default level]
- Very likely have problems (flags few false positives but finds a smaller % of problem edits)
@Halfak, please feel free to comment on the functionality and/or language here.