If you want to be ready for the Wikimedia Hackathon 2017, here are three steps you can take to become more prepared!
STEP ONE: Review Documentation.
This is the main page: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Hackathon_2017
There are 6 sub pages in total that you should review and read through all the links:
- Program: schedule of sessions and events, learn how to schedule sessions of your own & review our mentorship program.
- Venue & Vienna: Photos and maps of the venue, descriptions of the rooms, details about the hotel and city.
- Travel: General transportation and visa information
- Participants: an editable list of all the participants and information about each participant, different ways to volunteer at the event, our organizing team, our sponsors.
This is the main Phabricator work-board where you can view possible projects, sessions, skill shares and other hackathon activities.
STEP TWO: Connect & Download
- Sign up for a Phabricator account by clicking "Log In"
- Install an IRC client or if you want a more simple approach you can learn how to use IRC in your browser. Browser instructions: go to wmhack on webchat.freenode.net, add a Nickname (ex: "yourname"), click the check box to prove you're not a robot, click "Connect" and you are in our channel!
- Install telegram on your phone and join our group #wmhack and/or use telegram in your browser to receive conference updates and talk with other participants.
- Install Mediawiki vagrant onto your computer if you want our development environment.
STEP THREE: Meet & introduce
- Edit your personal information or contact at least one other participant by reviewing our list of participants.
- Introduce yourself or ask a question on IRC or in telegram
- Direct any remaining questions you have to https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Hackathon_2017/Participant_Lis
- Subscribe to any hackathon related Phabricator tasks you might be interested in.