This extension is currently still in development but the team thinks it is ready for a first security review.
- Name of tool/project: FileImporter Extension
- Project home page: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:FileImporter
- Name of team requesting review: WMDE-QWERTY-Team (Wikimedia Deutschland) / TCB-Team
- Primary contact: @Addshore @WMDE-Fisch @Tobi_WMDE_SW @Bmueller @Lea_WMDE
- Target date for deployment: Late 2017, Early 2018
- Link to code repository / patchset: https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/admin/projects/mediawiki/extensions/FileImporter
- Programming Language(s) Used: PHP
Description of the tool/project
An extension that provides the ability to import a file from another wiki including all file and description history.
It will also make some predefined modifications to the description text.
It will also maintain previous revisions attachment to the correct user account on the new wiki
Description of how the tool will be used at WMF
It will be deployed on Commons.
- This also depends on the deployment the FileExporter extension
Has this project been reviewed before?
Only review inside the WMDE-QWERTY-Team team.
Working test environment
- None setup on labs, but the extension is easy to install (see instructions on mw.org)
- After enabling the extension, navigate to Special:ImportFile