We will rewrite the CategoryOverlay and related components to use composition rather than inheritance. While doing so we will add tests. This will give us much needed information on how to improve all our overlays going forward, while providing some much needed maintenance to the category overlay.
Understandably given the process with which the feature got made, the existing category feature in beta has no unit tests or browser tests. This is a prerequisite for putting any code to stable where we need to maintain it for millions of users and having confidence that it is serving there needs. Note that the redesign of categories may remove the need for some of these tests.
- browser test for adding a category
- browser test for viewing list of categories
- browser test for tabbing between views and displaying hidden categories
- browser test for clicking to view a category
- unit tests for CategoryLookupInputWidget
- unit test for CategoryGateway
- test covering infinite scroll behaviour