The AbuseFilter extension has a limitation on the amount of conditions all combined active filters can utilize on every publish event. The current threshold for ENWP is 1,000 conditions. These conditions are in place for performance reasons. These limitations were put in place years ago and we may be able to safely raise this threshold with little or no actual performance problems.
- How much of a performance impact does AbuseFilter currently cause on ENWP?
- How much of a performance impact does AbuseFilter currently cause on other communities?
- To what degree would increasing the condition count (e.g. to 2,000) result in a slower publish process for the end user?
To accomplish this, we will measure the runtime of the AbuseFilter feature on all wikis via stats-d. We will not measure the runtime of individual filters. We will measure:
- Number of conditions executed
- Number of filters executed
- Number of times a filter becomes disabled (stretch goal)