Page MenuHomePhabricator

$wgCheckFileExtensions doesn't seem to work
Closed, ResolvedPublic

Description

Author: florian.dufour

Description:
Hi,

I'm using Mediawiki 1.12.0. In LocalSettings.php, I set $wgCheckFileExtensions to false and I didn't update $wgFileExtensions (using default parameters).

However, even with $wgCheckFileExtensions set to false, I'm not able to upload a PDF file (for example). Of course, if I add 'pdf' on $wgFileExtensions array, it works as expected.

What I would expect : when $wgCheckFileExtensions is set to false, no extension checking should take place.

This bug is also described in the manual page (http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:%24wgCheckFileExtensions) but doesn't seem to be filed in Bugzilla.

  • Special:Version

    MediaWiki 1.12.0 (r32735) PHP 5.2.6-pl1-gentoo (apache2handler) MySQL 5.0.54

Cheers,

Florian


Version: 1.12.x
Severity: normal
URL: http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:%24wgCheckFileExtensions

Details

Reference
bz14220

Event Timeline

bzimport raised the priority of this task from to Normal.
bzimport set Reference to bz14220.
bzimport added a subscriber: Unknown Object (MLST).
bzimport created this task.May 22 2008, 7:17 AM
brion added a comment.May 22 2008, 6:35 PM

Fixed in r35195

The final upload check was checking $wgStrictFileExtensions only, which shouldn't apply when $wgCheckFileExtensions is disabled.

Gilles moved this task from Untriaged to Done on the Multimedia board.