As a member of the fundraising team,
I want to check how different appearances of the donation page and its forms (donation, membership) affect the amount and frequency of donations,
so that I can reach the donation target.
- The Fundraising dev team can define "campaigns", i.e. alternate versions of templates that are available for a limited amount of time (similar to the mechanism already in place on the confirmation page).
- When a donor with no cookies goes to spenden.wikimedia.de, he is sorted in a bucket for each of the currently running campaigns. The buckets are stored in a cookie.
- When a donor with has a campaign parameter in the URL, the bucket for that campaign will be set according to the parameter (if the parameter is a valid bucket id). In the case of multiple campaigns, the other buckets are not touched or randomly chosen in case the user has no previous assignment.
- When a donor with a bucket cookie goes to spenden.wikimedia.de, he is shown the correct template (if the bucket id is valid and the campaign is still running)
- The alternate template name for donations is written into the layout property of DonationTrackingInfo
- The configuration can be overwritten by a/b test definitions.
- Instead of using DonationConfirmationPageSelector there needs to be a campaign-based skin selection, as defined in T172118.