The initial efforts on the New filters for Edit Review, improved the filtering capabilities on Recent Changes (T144448). However, there are several aspects that can be better supported in order to (a) provide a unified entry point for filtering the contributions users are interested in, (b) facilitate common review tasks, and (c) support common patterns in more review-related pages.
This is an Epic task to collect related tickets that will be further divided in smaller chunks as they are detailed. The main tickets related to this area are:
Release group 1
- T166912: Implement Namespace filters and filter menu in the new UI
- T166914: Implement 'Tagged edits' filters and filter menu in the new UI
- T166917: Change magnifying glass icon to hamburger in RC Filters search bar
- T167384: Implement navigation UI for the Advanced filters
- T167740: Write help documentation for Tagged Edits filtering of Recent Changes.
- T167741: Write help doc for Namespace filtering of Recent Changes, and link to it from Namespace filter panel
Release group 2
- T162784: Integrate 'Time Period Selector' into the new filters for edit review
- T162786: Integrate 'Number of Changes Selector' in the new filters for edit review
- T168513: Enable 'Group results by page' preference on the RC page itself
- T163426: Add 'View Newest Changes' option into the Integrated Filters
Release group 3
- T163429: Provide UI for paging through Watchlist and Recent Changes results in the JS-enhanced UI
- T167743: Implement 'Live Updates' feature for RC page filters
- T167932: Implement sticky header for control panel
Release group 4
- T163433: Implement 'Category' filters and filter menu in the new UI
- T167224: Implement 'User' filters and filter menu in the new UI
- T166919: Put community-defined 'related links' into a collapsible panel
- T165160: Unify the "user registration" and "experience level" groups
- T163964: Add filter set for 'Watchlisted pages' to RC Filters
- T163431: Make filter panel header sticky on new filters for edit review
- T163561: Add filter group for 'Last revision' to the RC Filters
- T165286: Explore more subtle way to indicate filter loading status
- T159942: Explore designs for including filtering for users, edit tags, and namespaces
- T159345: Design: Clarify functional zones / organization of the RC page
- T145155: Explore adding ORES filters and new filtering system to Watchlist, Related Changes and other pages
This prototype illustrates some of the ideas described above. The purpose of the prototype is to capture the general interaction to get feedback from users, so it is just an approximation of the intended solution. Implementation details will be captured in the corresponding tickets.
See T163497: Update WMF-deployed (or WMF-planned) filter functionality that does not fit in current RC Filters UI and possibly T159795: Port Translate to new RC Filters system (though we may be able to do the latter with just an existing string options group (similar to user experience level).
Documentation is tracked on T167855: 'Integrated filters'— document all new implementations defined on T162675.