The Time Period Selector enables users to select how far back in time they wish Recent Changes to search.
Time Period Selector Functions
- The selector is accessed by means of a button visible on the main interface. The button shows the currently selected timer period, along with a calendar icon and a downward-facing arrow.
- Clicking the button opens a menu that lists:
- "Recent hours", with the following choices: 1, 2, 6, 12
- "Recent days", with the choices: 1, 3, 7, 14, 30
- When the user makes a selection, the following things happen:
- In the menu, the selection remains highlighted in blue
- The top-level button label changes to reflect the new selection (e.g., "7 days" changes to "2 hours").
- The search results update to implement the new parameter.
Layout guidelines are shown below:
For the icon we can use the standard "calendar" icon from the icon repo even though that differs a bit from the one used in the mockups.
(This ticket does not include support for custom period selection, which is just kept for future reference in T162784#3330522 )