While the New Filters for Edit Review remains in beta, we will offer classic ORES shading on the RC Page as a preference. Here are the changes that need to happen:
- Adapt the RC Page preference for controlling the "r" so that it turns on and off both the "r" and ORES shading.
- New wording: Highlight likely problem edits with colors and an "r" for "needs review." (To set the level at which edits are marked, use the "Prediction Threshold" setting in the Watchlist preferences)
- On ORES wikis to which we are newly releasing the beta, opt all existing ORES users into this option.
- On ORES wikis that already have the beta, automatically opt in all users who currently have "r" turned on (which includes all migrated ORES beta users who haven't subsequently turned it off as well as anyone who turned on the shading option after the beta release). This, WITH ONE EXCEPTION...!
- Users with the New Filters for Edit Review can not have this option. For anyone who has the New Filters or anyone who opts into it:
- Turn off the shading
- Turn off the "r"
- Remove the option from RC Page preferences preferences.
- But save the preference information and reinstate the preference if they turn off the New Filters beta. (If this last can't be easily done, it's not critical.)
Keeping the "r" and the shading together is consistent with how we do things on Watchlist. But it means that users will not be able to have the New Filters and the "r." These markers are functionally redundant with New Filters—the primary purpose of the "r" preference was to allow users to turn it off. So I don't imagine this will be a problem.