I think that a couple of enhancements are needed for contributors at least at Wikimedia projects. Usually, I was asking for admin rights on various projects only because of some of those possibilities:
- Delete if I am the only author of the article.
- If user is the only author of the article, they should be able to delete that article. If misused, admins may recover them, which should be automatically treated as an article to which contribution is given by more than this user.
- Delete if the page is under my namespace.
- This is, also, useful. If someone else needs this article, admin may recover it and put under someone's else user space or under project or any other name space.
- Undelete if I deleted it.
- This is especially needed for anti-vandal fighters, usually for Small wiki monitoring team: If someone made a mistake by deleting some article, they should be able to undelete it, too.
- Protect/unprotect if the page is under my namespace.
- If someone wants to keep some information out of a possibility to others to change it, it may be useful, too. Edit such article is not important because user would be able to unprotect, edit and protect it again.