TLDR: When deleting a highlight-only tag, the results area reloads and somehow createTagItemWidget is called. These things shouldn't happen, when removing a highlight by setting the color picker to "none", they don't.
- Highlight a filter without selecting it. This creates a muted tag with a highlight
- Put a breakpoint in mw.rcfilters.ui.FilterTagMultiselectWidget.prototype.createTagItemWidget
- Remove the highlight tag by clicking its "x" button
- Be confused: the results area reloads, even though the filters haven't changed
- Breakpoint fires
- Be confused: why is createTagItemWidget called when we're not adding any tags, only removing them?