Page MenuHomePhabricator

Correct alias from es.wikisource to eo.wikisource
Closed, ResolvedPublic

Description

Hi! While reading a comment on phab:T164195 I've realized that there are 2 wgNamespaceAliases wrongly applied on es.wikisource, and should be on eo.wikisource.

In wmf-config/InitialiseSettings.php I can see this code:

'+eswikisource' => [
  'Auxtoro' => 102,
  'Auxtoro-Diskuto' => 103,
],

, but this is not Spanish, this is Esperanto. So now, if you type https://es.wikisource.org/wiki/Auxtoro:La_Pintura.djvu/5 it automatically shows https://es.wikisource.org/wiki/Página:La_Pintura.djvu/5 (changes from "Auxtoro" to "Página", because that's namespace 102 in es.wikisource).

If I type https://eo.wikisource.org/wiki/Axtoro:Lawrence_Lessig it redirects me to https://eo.wikisource.org/wiki/A%C5%ADtoro:Lawrence_Lessig.

I think that it was a mistake because of the proximity of "es" and "eo" code.

The namespace and aliases creation were asked in phab:T34176.

So, all together makes me suggest to change that code from "eswikisource" to "eowikisource" (just changing one letter). What do you think?

Details

Related Gerrit Patches:
operations/mediawiki-config : masterCorrect alias(es) from es.wikisource to eo.wikisource

Event Timeline

Aleator created this task.May 9 2017, 10:31 PM
Restricted Application added a subscriber: Aklapper. · View Herald TranscriptMay 9 2017, 10:31 PM

(@Aleator: Project description of Wikisource says "Please do not report language specific tasks under this project" - sure you wanted to add it?)

Zppix claimed this task.May 10 2017, 1:05 PM

(@Aleator: Project description of Wikisource says "Please do not report language specific tasks under this project" - sure you wanted to add it?)

Sorry, I didn't see that warning (now I know it) :)

Zppix added a comment.May 10 2017, 3:07 PM

scheduled for EU swat 5/11 see wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/deployments for times

Zppix triaged this task as Medium priority.May 10 2017, 5:24 PM

Change 353059 merged by jenkins-bot:
[operations/mediawiki-config@master] Correct alias(es) from es.wikisource to eo.wikisource

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/353059

Mentioned in SAL (#wikimedia-operations) [2017-05-11T13:10:28Z] <addshore@tin> Synchronized wmf-config/InitialiseSettings.php: SWAT: T164888 [[gerrit:353059|Correct alias(es) from es.wikisource to eo.wikisource]] (duration: 00m 42s)

Zppix closed this task as Resolved.May 11 2017, 1:27 PM

Swatted, if you notice any issues related to this configuration change, please reopen the task, and someone (possibly me) will look into it.

Thank you for the bug report,

Zppix

Zppix moved this task from To deploy to Done on the Wikimedia-Site-requests board.May 11 2017, 1:29 PM