Weekly reports for the task T115158 will be available here.
4th to 18th May, 2017
- Joined the Zulip server for participants
- Introduced myself on Wikitech-I mailing list
- Updated my MediaWiki user page
- Made a blog post and linked it to the Outreachy's Mediawiki page
- Finalized code on an ongoing translator https://github.com/zotero/translators/pull/1289
- Took suggestions from mentors for the sample translator for the documentation.
- Finalize the medium and the time of communication with the mentors for the duration of internship
- Finalize the sample translator, most probably it will be mediawiki.org but need to take a look at http://publications.copernicus.org/ and http://www.20minutos.es/ before making a final decision
18th-25th May, 2017
- Studied existing translators (Wikipedeia.js, Wikisource.js) that were relevant to know how to go about translator for Wikimedia.
- Went through user guide for Visual editor.
25th May - 1st June, 2017
- Documented section 1 and 2.
- Got The Globe and Mail merged.
- Made second blog post.
- Updated mentors about my work.
2nd - 8th June, 2017
- Documented section 3.
- Prepared a translator for Oxford Reference.
- Made third blog post.
- Updated mentors about my work.
9th June - 15th June, 2017
- Documented section 4.
- Refining the translator I am working on, planning to include Embedded Metadata.js in it as suggested by a developer who reviewed it.
- Studying Zotero's documentation for coding translators.
- Start writing translator for Wikimedia and include its code in section 5.
- Make forth blog post.
- Finish the ongoing work and pick another requested website for translation.
16th to 22nd July, 2017
- Completed section 5 on common coding bloack in a Zotero translator.
- Started section 6 that will hold the documentation of mediawiki translator.
- Attended first IRC meeting with fellow Outreachy and GSoC interns.
- Made commits for Oxford Reference translator.
- Used existing Embedded Metadata translator in other translator.
- Made 6th blog post.
23rd to 29th June, 2017
- Wrote Wikimedia translator
- Documented Section 6
- Made 7th blog post
30th June to 6th July, 2017
- Finalized the table of contents for the first draft
- Finished doc on the working example
- Submitted a PR for TV with the numbers translator
- Made 8th blogpost
7th July to 13th July, 2017
- Finished doc on test cases and locating translator
- Updated pending PR as per suggestions
- Proofread the complete doc and submitted for mid-term evaluation.
14th July 20th July, 2017
- Updated BBC translator to handle old pages.
- Learned what CSS selectors are.
- Completed section on translator's deployment on Citoid.
- Made blog post for 9th and 10th week
- Finish section on selectors and essential methods(text, attr, querySelector, querySelectorAll)
- Update the mediawiki translator XPath->CSS selectors
21st July to 27th July, 2017
- Documented a new section on CSS selectors.
- Tried attr, text, queryselector, queryselectorall and updated Mediawiki translator
- Updated the working example doc to include selectors in place of XPath.
- Add attr and text in common code blocks section.
- Update all images with Firefox Devtools, replace firebug.
Till 14th August, 2017
- documented attr and text functions
- Added new screenshots of Scaffold output with code changes
- Divided the translator creation doc into two methods - translation-server and Scaffold
- Learned about containerization and docker
- Setup the development environment with docker
- Figured out how to work and test changes
- Improve section of installation
- Find a way to successfully test on server (I've been failing in achieving it) and document it
- Celebrate, it will be the end of work.
14th August to 20th August, 2017
- Documented how to develop translator on server
- Documented how to test and write test cases on server
- Fixed installation doc and submitted the complete work for review
- Blog post
21nd August to 30th August, 2017
- Created a translator for Wikmedia blog
- Started documenting a new page for holding this example translator
- Documented five sections
- Blog post for the week
- Document scrape method for single entry
- Document how to write test cases
- Document how to submit on Github
- Submit for review
1st September to 6th September, 2017
- Finished documentation of translator for blog-like website
- Submitted work for final review.
- Summarized by internship experience, blog post