This task will track the racking, setup, and installation of the new system ordered on T162700 to replace stat1002.
This host also has GPU for offloading the statistic crunching.
This system will run as a replacement to stat1002, as a statistics::private role.
- - receive in system normally off parent task T162700
- - system is a replacement, so it can rack in any available rack/row, as all rows have the analytics1 subnets.
- - bios/drac/serial setup/testing
- - mgmt dns entries added for both asset tag and hostname
- - production dns entries added (analytics1 vlan for its row)
- - network port setup (description, enable, analytics1 vlan for its row)
- - operations/puppet update - https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/361079
- - OS installation - Debian Stretch installed, but can reinstall with Jessie if required. Stat1002 is using trusty, but that is very old.
- - puppet/salt accept/initial run
- - handoff for service implementation