This task will be used to track the receiving, racking, and setup of 24 new wtp systems. These systems were ordered on task T155645.
These will use the same hostname format as past wtp systems, so wtp1025-wtp1048.
This will show a single checklist, since there are 24 systems to install. This checklist should be applied to each system install as it is done.
Racking Plan: WTP is presently spread out between racks and rows. @Cmjohnson has gone ahead and racked these with 3 per rack, with two racks housing wtp systems per row. 3 (per rack) * 2 (racks per row) * 4 (rows) = 24 systems.
- - receive in system on procurement task
- - rack system with proposed racking plan (see above) & update racktables (include all system info plus location)
- - bios/drac/serial setup/testing
- - mgmt dns entries added for both asset tag and hostname
- - production dns entries added
- - network port setup (description, enable, vlan)
- - operations/puppet update (install_server at minimum, other files if possible)
- - OS installation
- - puppet/salt accept/initial run
- - handoff for service implementation