Page MenuHomePhabricator

Some translations of the CentralAuth extension do not work
Open, Needs TriagePublic

Description

There are some translations of the CentralAuth extension that despite being translated into translatewiki.net and being in the translation files of the Wikimedia code. They simply do not appear live in Meta and the rest of the wikis in some cases. I think it may be due to the new versions of MediaWIki, I leave the messages in question in case anyone wants to review:

  • MediaWiki:Centralauth-log-status-none
  • MediaWiki:Centralauth-log-status-locked
  • MediaWiki:Centralauth-log-status-hidden
  • MediaWiki:Centralauth-log-status-oversighted

Thanks.

Event Timeline

Restricted Application added a subscriber: Aklapper. · View Herald TranscriptMay 18 2017, 7:06 AM

Those messages are deprecated and are kept for backwards compat iirc.

MarcoAurelio closed this task as Invalid.May 20 2017, 2:37 PM

We use centralauth-log-entry-chgstatus since several years now. I'd certainly prefer using old messages but it is what it is. I've tried to search the commit where the new message was introduced, but without success. Maybe others know how to. Closed as invalid.

Pikne reopened this task as Open.May 21 2017, 2:30 PM
Pikne added a subscriber: Pikne.

We use centralauth-log-entry-chgstatus since several years now. I'd certainly prefer using old messages but it is what it is. I've tried to search the commit where the new message was introduced, but without success. Maybe others know how to. Closed as invalid.

Three out of four messages named above were introduced along with centralauth-log-entry-chgstatus in 823ef3e5e109. First ones are intended to be used as part of the latter one, or at least that's what the docs suggest.

Meta log page output currently shows words "locked" and "(none)" instead of correctly passing relevant messages into an entry.