Page MenuHomePhabricator

Supersede RT tickets references
Closed, ResolvedPublic

Description

During the hackathon Wikidata documentation sprint, I noticed a link to a cron job with a reference to RT.

We should supersede there references to Phabricator tasks instead.

Note the associated tasks policy should also be edited to make them public, if the task doesn't contain any private stuff.

modules/mediawiki/files/apache/sites/redirects/redirects.dat
176:# wikimedia.ee / wikipedia.ee - RT #4566
211:# wikipedia typo domains to www. instead of en - RT #4679,#4681

modules/deployment/files/umask-wikidev-profile-d.sh
3:# to prevent broken repos per RT-804

modules/mediawiki/files/apache/sites/main.conf
120:    # ShortURL redirect RT-2121
...

modules/mediawiki/files/apache/sites/redirects/redirects.dat
167:# RT-3244
286:# Wikivoyager (RT-4333)
292:# Voyagewiki (RT-5539)

modules/mediawiki/files/apache/sites/wikimedia.conf
34:# transitionteam private wiki - RT-4850
44:# iegcom private wiki - RT-5042 

modules/mediawiki/manifests/maintenance/refreshlinks.pp
1:# Include this to add cron jobs calling refreshLinks.php on all clusters. (RT-2355)

modules/phabricator/templates/community_metrics.sh.erb
4:# per RT-3962 - dzahn 20121219

modules/swift/manifests/storage/monitoring.pp
4:    # RT-2593. Moved here from nrpe_local.cfg

Event Timeline

Restricted Application added a subscriber: Aklapper. · View Herald TranscriptMay 19 2017, 10:18 AM
Dzahn added a subscriber: Dzahn.May 25 2017, 5:15 PM

Unfortunately RT ticket numbers don't have a fixed offset to the Phab numbers, unlike Bugzilla tickets do.

So the first step here is to find out the right Phab numbers. that should be possible in "Advanced search" using something like "rt1234" in the "reference" field.

Dzahn claimed this task.May 25 2017, 5:21 PM
Dzahn triaged this task as Normal priority.
Dzahn added a comment.Jun 13 2017, 2:04 AM

RT #4566 - not available, 'domains' queue has never been imported to phab :(
RT #4579 - not available, 'domains' queue has never been imported to phab :(
RT #4581 - not available, 'domains' queue has never been imported to phab :(
RT #804 - T79400
RT #2121 - T80309
RT #3244 - T81228
RT #4333 - not available, 'domains' queue has never been imported to phab :(
RT #5539 - not available, 'domains' queue has never been imported to phab :(
RT #4850 - T82329
RT #5042 - T82498
RT #2355 - T80599
RT #3962 - T81784
RT #2593 - T80722

Change 358500 had a related patch set uploaded (by Dzahn; owner: Dzahn):
[operations/puppet@production] replace references to RT tickets with Phab ticket numbers

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/358500

Change 358500 merged by Dzahn:
[operations/puppet@production] replace references to RT tickets with Phab ticket numbers

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/358500

I'm unsure whether this is resolved now and that's simply as good as it gets.. or if we want to remove the remaining references or manually "import" those tickets.

Dzahn lowered the priority of this task from Normal to Low.Jun 14 2017, 12:16 AM
Dzahn added a comment.Jun 16 2017, 7:11 PM

RT #4566 was "status of wikipedia.ee and wikimedia.ee" it was just me asking about the status and then in the end "
i have just been bold and redirected wikipedia.ee to et.wikipedia and wikimedia.ee to et.wikimedia."
RT #4579 is actually here T82205 and i made it public
RT #4581 is not here, but it's not domains, it's the "network" queue. title "#4581: Setup network mw126-mw134" nothing in it except some port numbers for those servers to
RT #4333: Fwd: Wikivoyager.org / Wikivoyager.de - was discussion about these domains when we moved Wikivoyage to WMF (added Apache redirects: https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/45360) and then it was about moving these domains over to MarkMonitor
RT #5539: setup voyagewiki.org and .com as wikivoyage redirects - was https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/76819/1/redirects.conf

and this is it...

Dzahn added a comment.Jun 16 2017, 7:24 PM

RT #4579 is actually here T82205 and i made it public

Eh, that was #4679 in the original comment, nevermind. but anywas

RT #4679 is "wekipedia.com - unconfigured domain"

I said "unconfigure domain - redirect somewhere" and then it ended with https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/70943/3/redirects.conf

Dzahn added a comment.Jun 16 2017, 7:34 PM

I found 2 more:

RT-2712 (modules/base/manifests/syslogs.pp) is T80830

RT-2121 ( 6 x in modules/mediawiki/files/apache/sites/main.conf) is T80309

Thew few left that i couldn't make public i linked to the comment above. best i can do.

Change 359504 had a related patch set uploaded (by Dzahn; owner: Dzahn):
[operations/puppet@production] replace the last RT references with Phab links

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/359504

Change 359504 merged by Dzahn:
[operations/puppet@production] replace the last RT references with Phab links

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/359504

Dzahn closed this task as Resolved.Jun 16 2017, 7:45 PM

Alright, this is as good as it gets, i claim resolved.