As an active reader, I'd like a faster way to navigate through articles.
Allow user a faster way to navigate through article sections with a TOC scroller control.
*TOC scrolling indicator peeks when the user makes a contact with the content area of the article.
- The indicator will move down the screen as the user scrolls up or down; remaining on the RHS edge.
- TOC is more discoverable and accessible as will open when the user either:
- (i) Swipes left; or
- (ii) Long presses / drags on the TOC scroller.
- TOC closed when the user swipes right or taps outside of the TOC; or once a section is selected.
- TOC behavior:
- the ‘active’ section text heading is in Accent50
- When the TOC scrobbler is dragged, the article content is scrolled to match the active blue section of the TOC.
- There is parallax scrolling on the TOC contents so that the active highlighting the section of the content visible below is possible.
Note: This is akin to the outline tool available in Google Docs https://gsuiteupdates.googleblog.com/2016/03/navigate-documents-quickly-and-easily.html