This task will track the receiving, racking, and installation of netmon2001, ordered on T161807.
Racking Plan: This is the only network monitoring system in codfw. It uses 1Gbps networking, so place in a 1Gbit networking rack with the most space available and power overhead. It can basically go in any 1Gbps rack other than frack.
- - receive in system on procurement task T161807.
- - rack system with proposed racking plan (see above) & update racktables (include all system info plus location)
- - bios/drac/serial setup/testing
- - mgmt dns entries added for both asset tag and hostname
- - production dns entries added (external subnet)
- - network port setup (description, enable, external vlan)
- - operations/puppet update (install_server at minimum, other files if possible)
- - OS installation
- - puppet/salt accept/initial run
- - handoff for service implementation
also see: T159756 (setup netmon1002 the eqiad equivalent)