|Resolved||Hjfocs||T166497 [Epic] Back-end redesign|
|Resolved||Hjfocs||T166495 [Epic] Front-end redesign|
|Resolved||Kiailandi||T166496 [Story] Investigate MediaWiki extension documentation|
|Resolved||Kiailandi||T167023 Understand how hooks work|
|Resolved||Kiailandi||T167024 Install and play with MediaWiki extension|
|Resolved||Kiailandi||T167589 Understand how skins and templates work|
Go through the following pointers and break down into tasks the steps needed to implement the primary sources tool as a MediaWiki extension.
HTML templates that actually are in use on Wikidata:
We could add our php files in Wikibase repo and use templates.php for compare the names of the HTML classes.
Thanks to the documentation and the investigation of existing extensions we identified a few core files we'll need to produce to obtain a working extension:
- extension body file to store the execution code
- hooks.php file to define the callback functions called by the hooks
- message and message documentation files to add support for localisation
- modules files to include the JS and the CSS with the ResourceLoader
- API file to extend the basic API functions
- extension.json file for extension registration