In November 2016 new page patrolling on English Wikipedia was restricted to editors with a newly created user right called New Page Reviewer. In this study, we will assess the impact of this restriction on who is able to review new articles.
We want to know how this new restriction has affected:
- the proportion of 'incorrect' review decisions by new page patrollers?
- the number of re-reviews that patrollers perform?
- the number of people who perform new page patrol?
- the number of people eligible to perform new page patrol?
- the rate at which new page patrollers can expect to eliminate the current backlog of unreviewed new articles?