Plan to revise outreach documents with @Aklapper
- Landing Page
- Add outreach program logos and link them to respective pages
- Include only one or two inspirational resources: one or two from WMF blog & a previous outreach candidate
- Add something like an 'Interested Mentors?' button on the right of the page, redirects to /mentors page that contains list of possible mentors and some getting started resources. Revise 'Possible Mentors' page.
- GSOC/Outreachy pages
- Perhaps the main page for each of these programs should contain information about the ongoing program (GSOC'17) and not a list of pages from previous years. List should stay in the top nav bar as it is right now
- Life of a Successful Project
- Move content from this page to the Recommended Steps for Prospective Candidates section of GSOC/Outreachy page, etc and then see if we could get rid of this page entirely?
- Possible Projects & Application Template
- Move content from here to 'Recommended Steps' section of GSOC/Outreachy and get rid of these pages entirely.
- Selection Process, Lessons Learned, Organizations
- More plan coming later!
- For the landing page of outreach programs, work with comms to produce a short video of participants from previous years: what they are currently doing, and what they got out of these programs.
- Incorporate lessons learned from T162107: GSOC 2017/Outreachy Round 14: Lessons that we are learning along the way