As the use scrolls past the pagination controls, a sticky toolbar with these (and other) controls appear to facilitate their access. This video shows the idea in motion, and the mockups below.
The sticky toolbar includes the following elements:
- A "Filter recent changes" button to access the filter menu. When clicked, it will scroll up to the active filters on top, with the main filter panel open for the user to change the filters.
- A tooltip for this button reads: Show all filtering tools.
- The "live mode" toggle button, allowing users to activate and, more importantly, deactivate live updates. This button keeps all the behavior described in T167743, including the "on" state pulse indicator.
- The pagination controls. Working as described in T163429, regardless of being in the sticky toolbar or attached to the page.
- When the user, having scrolled down the page to reveal the Sticky Bar, clicks either the < Newer X or Older X > button, the page reloads with the newer or older X results displayed and the user at page top, with the normal (non-sticky) tool panel showing. I.e., the user does not stay scrolled halfway down the page.
|Default pagination controls||Pagination controls integrated into a sticky header (when scrolling)|