We'll want to talk about what types of metrics might give us information about if this feature is successful or not (or worth spending more time developing.) Some of this might already be queryable, but we'll need to list the questions we want to answer first, then decide how to get the data.
Questions we'll want to answer with data
This is just a laundry list, we'll need to refine it.
- Is this feature being used?
- Number of users who have opted-in to use this feature
- Average number of usernames added
- Is this feature affecting how users participate on the wiki?
- Retention for users who use this feature.
- Edits before and after enabling this feature.
- Number of users who set the blacklist and are subsequently blocked.
- Is this feature helping alleviate harassment?
- Retention for users who use this feature
- Survey these users?
We'll need to stick to the Privacy by Design Policy and Ryan Kaldari may need to walk us through any privacy landmines.