This is a task to collect ideas and progress from the group of volunteers who agreed to "I can occasionally wander around the hackathon, ask people what they are working on, add the projects to the wiki" at the Wikimania Hackathon 2017.
Your task is to make sure that the projects are documented. Please also remind other participants to sign up for the hackathon showcase, and to write ongoing topics on their table's sign.
Here are the ideas for this group of hackathon volunteers, more ideas are welcome:
- Take some time at the event to make sure that everyone’s work has a Phabricator task associated with this workboard: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/project/board/2805/
- That groups and breakout sessions are taking notes somewhere (either on a wiki page, a doc, or an etherpad) and that it is linked to their phabricator task.
- You can help make sure all groups have their location on the physical map at the help desk.
- Help people sign their projects up for the showcase (this will be a task for Sunday - I will send more details on how they can sign up in my next email)
- Make sure people are updating the status of their projects during the hackathon here on the wiki: (ANDRE's featured task list when ready), and adding a new ideas as they come up.
- If you come across a group that needs help from someone with a specific skill-set or if you come across a group that is able to teach a specific skill you can add that to the skill-share column here: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/project/board/2805/ and also to the skill-share physical wall that will be at the event.
If you did not sign up for this group but would like to be involved, please add yourself here or email @Quiddity