For future reference, please always structure your bug reports into three sections:
Steps to reproduce:
- Go to https://ce.wikipedia.org/wiki/Белхан:Къинхьегам/Дагиров_Умар?uselang=ce
- Click into the text field for "С даты:"
- Get a date chooser dialog
- The abbreviations for the weekdays are in Russian language.
- The name of the month is in Russian language.
- The abbreviations for the weekdays are in Chechen language.
- The name of the month is in Chechen language.
The DateInputWidget calendar popups uses the Moment.js library to format dates. We also use it elsewhere in MediaWiki, e.g. in notifications. It doesn't have a Chechen translation, so we fall back to Russian.
@Umar If you want to translate this to Chechen, here's the complete Russian translation you can use as a starting point: https://github.com/moment/moment/blob/develop/src/locale/ru.js. (I don't know how close Russian is grammatically to Chechen, it might be easier to start from some other one: https://github.com/moment/moment/tree/develop/src/locale.) We do not use all of the features, so it's fine to just translate some parts.