cp4001, cp4002, cp4003, cp4004 are ready for decom. They're switched to role::spare::system in puppet and have been freshly reinstalled in that role (no leftover services possible). These do need secure erase of drives to avoid leaking key material.
- - all system services confirmed offline from production use
- - set all icinga checks to maint mode/disabled while reclaim/decommmission takes place.
- - remove system from all lvs/pybal active configuration
- - any service group puppet/hiera/dsh config removed
- - remove site.pp (replace with role::spare if system isn't shut down immediately during this process.)
START NON-INTERRUPPTABLE STEPS
- - disable puppet on host
- - remove all remaining puppet references (include role::spare) https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/366037
- - power down host
- - disable switch port
- - switch port assignment noted on this task (for later removal)
- - remove production dns entries
- - puppet node clean, puppet node deactivate, salt key removed
END NON-INTERRUPPTABLE STEPS
- - system disks wiped (by onsite)
- - swapped places with new cp systems, and now reside in rack with no cabling.
The remainder cannot happen until we are done with ALL the old CP systems to unrack them in a batch.
- - system unracked and decommissioned (by onsite), update racktables with result
- - switch port configration removed from switch once system is unracked.
- - mgmt dns entries removed. (systems are in rack, but with no power/network/mgmt connections, due to there being no storage in ulsfo and the office has no storage for us during the relocation.)