Some Wikipedia templates show specialized tooltip. As you can see on the picture below, e.g. small periodic table does this. But it does not work really well with Page previews.
Also some images may be wrapped in a link. The hovercard will thus make it impossible to see their tooltip.
How should we deal with this issue? How to detect users with Page previews turned on and do not show tooltips to them? Or how to mark some code to not show a Page preview over its links? Or mark the whole template?
These tooltips for links are made by span inside a link: [[link|<span title="tooltip">title</span>]], see periodic table element template for example
Steps to reproduce:
- Login on https://cs.wikipedia.org/
- Enable Page Previews - https://cs.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speci%C3%A1ln%C3%AD:Nastaven%C3%AD#mw-prefsection-betafeatures
- Go to https://cs.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sod%C3%ADk
- Hover over any element on periodic table
Same steps work also for German Wikipedia and some others
- Disable page previews for any link with a child element
- Disable page previews for any link with a child element that is an image
- Do nothing