This is the main goal for organizing the Wikimania Hackathon.
All other sub-tasks can be found here:
All content related goals and tasks can be found here:
For Wikimania’s Hackathon, reach out to local developer groups; organize activities targeting newcomers and non-technical Wikimedians who want to learn more about Wikimedia tech. Provide a productive environment for current developers working on their own projects.
Ways that the Wikimania Hackathon and its organization will be different from the recent Wikimedia Hackathon in Vienna:
- Much smaller organizing team than Vienna. Less bandwidth to run programs.
- Shorter hackathon (two days instead of three)
- More non-technical or not-very-technical particpants
- More less-focused participants (many people will be working on their Wikimania presentations or getting distracted by other things going on during the Wikimania pre-conference)
- Much larger event than Vienna in terms of total participants, the total number of participants will not be known until
after the hackathon but we will go into the event with an estimate.