Issues found in the Usability Testing of Wikidata:
- Qualitative, lightweight testing with small sample size
- Think aloud while doing a task
- 5 People without Wikipedia editing experience, mixed sample (gender, age etc)
- How well do our input widgets work?
- How well does entry creation work for first time users?
"You saw that there are already some entries for your birth city, some building already have entries but the tv-tower is still missing. Conveniently on the internet page you can find some facts about the tv-tower" (Some facts to be turned into name, descripton, statements"
List of issues
- Name/Bezeichnung ("Name", "Description") repeats labels inside the box, but should have examples: T170377
- Distinguish "add statements" buttons more: T170385
- Units are not parsed and block saving T170389
- Suggested units are not appropriate units or even units at all T170406
- Semantics: Make recognized property look different than unrecognized input: T170531
- For brand new entries the “add statement” is the LEAST visible T170411
- "Malformed value" shows up during data input: T170550
- "Malformed value" and other elements not translated: T170424