Page MenuHomePhabricator

Linter count not updated on deleted page
Open, Needs TriagePublic

Description

I discovered a linting error on one of my user subpage which I then decided to delete rather than correct. (the deleted page)

Afterwards that error is still counted on Special:LintErrors even if it does not appear on the sub page for that error.

Event Timeline

Restricted Application added a subscriber: Aklapper. · View Herald TranscriptJul 11 2017, 7:46 PM
Lokal_Profil renamed this task from Linger count not updated on deleted page to Linter count not updated on deleted page.Jul 11 2017, 7:46 PM

It is just a delay in updates since count updates are done a bit lazily.

I've seen delays in other numbers but this one stayed when they updated. Added a link to the deleted page above to give a timepoint.

Lokal_Profil updated the task description. (Show Details)Jul 12 2017, 8:17 AM
Legoktm claimed this task.Oct 6 2017, 3:57 AM
Legoktm added a subscriber: Legoktm.

After re-reading the code it turns out we're not properly invalidating the totals cache when articles are deleted outright.

Change 382641 had a related patch set uploaded (by Legoktm; owner: Legoktm):
[mediawiki/extensions/Linter@master] Use normal lint error updating logic for page deletions

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/382641

Change 382641 merged by jenkins-bot:
[mediawiki/extensions/Linter@master] Use normal lint error updating logic for page deletions

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/382641

I think I still see this happening. http://he.wikipedia.org/wiki/special:LintErrors shows "54 errors" for "Multi colon escape" ("חילוף נקודתיים מרובים"), but if you click it, you'll see zero. These pages are deleted. It has been a few days since I deleted them, and it's still 54.

I think I still see this happening. http://he.wikipedia.org/wiki/special:LintErrors shows "54 errors" for "Multi colon escape" ("חילוף נקודתיים מרובים"), but if you click it, you'll see zero. These pages are deleted. It has been a few days since I deleted them, and it's still 54.

It's the same in the Bulgarian Wikipedia as well. We've cleared almost all LintErrors (including low priority ones), but there's still errors indicated in the LintErrors page:
https://bg.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%A1%D0%BF%D0%B5%D1%86%D0%B8%D0%B0%D0%BB%D0%BD%D0%B8:LintErrors