mw1196 failed to recover from the reboot. Several attempts were made to power off, drain flea power reseat DIMM. After talking with Faidon, these servers are on the short list to be decommissioned already so it's been decided to decom this server sooner.
- - all system services confirmed offline from production use
- - set all icinga checks to maint mode/disabled while reclaim/decommmission takes place.
- - remove system from all lvs/pybal active configuration
- - any service group puppet/heira/dsh config removed
- - remove site.pp (replace with role::spare if system isn't shut down immediately during this process.)
START NON-INTERRUPPTABLE STEPS
- - disable puppet on host
- - remove all remaining puppet references (include role::spare)
- - power down host
- - disable switch port
- - switch port assignment noted on this task (for later removal) asw-c-eqiad:ge-6/0/35
- - remove production dns entries
- - puppet node clean, puppet node deactivate, salt key removed
END NON-INTERRUPPTABLE STEPS
- - system disks wiped (by onsite)
- - system unracked and decommissioned (by onsite), update racktables with result
- - switch port configration removed from switch once system is unracked.
- - mgmt dns entries removed.