CE Insights results for Technical Collaboration have been published. We have to process that information and check whether any plans or activities should change because of it.
Discussions about existing and new questions should be posted at https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Community_Engagement_Insights/2016-17_Report/Technical_Collaborations
Draft questions for the next survey
Drafting continues in a spreadsheet. The list below might be outdated.
- (TC15) Over the last 12 months, in which of the following ways have you contributed to Wikimedia or Mediawiki software projects?
- (TC41) In which of the following ways do you receive updates and news about WMF software development?
- Which of the following channels do you think would be more efficient to provide feedback to developers?
- The Wikimedia Foundation collaborates well with Wikimedia communities to develop software
- (TC01) Overall, to what extent are you satisfied or dissatisfied with the software you use in Wikimedia?
- (TC19) To what extent are you satisfied or dissatisfied with the Technical Collaboration Guidance recommendations?
- How aware are you of the Tech Ambassador volunteer role?
- How aware are you of the Tech Translator volunteer role?
For volunteer developers:
- (TC26) Which of the following best describe the reason(s) you contribute your technical skills to Wikimedia?
- Which are your preferred programming languages for Wikimedia projects
- (TC25) Which are your preferred areas of development or other technical contributions?
- Which of the following channels do you think would more efficient for developer support?
- (TC08) Which types of developer documentation do you believe that need to be improved by the Wikimedia Foundation?
- (TC21) In general, the people in the Wikimedia technical community are: - Unfriendly:Friendly
- (TC02) To what extent do you agree or disagree with the following: The Wikimedia Foundation collaborates well with volunteer developers to build software