it can now be decom'ed. I assume final decom because HW warranty expiration was 2014-01-27
this is WMF3436, Dell R510 (https://racktables.wikimedia.org/index.php?page=object&tab=default&object_id=887)
- - all system services confirmed offline from production use
- - set all icinga checks to maint mode/disabled while reclaim/decommmission takes place.
- - remove system from all lvs/pybal active configuration
- - any service group puppet/heira/dsh config removed
- - remove site.pp (replace with role::spare if system isn't shut down immediately during this process.)
START NON-INTERRUPPTABLE STEPS
- - disable puppet on host
- - remove all remaining puppet references (include role::spare) https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/366877/
- - power down host
- - disable switch port
- - switch port assignment noted on this task (for later removal) asw-b-eqiad:ge-1/0/16
- - remove production dns entries https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/366878/
- - puppet node clean, puppet node deactivate, salt key removed
END NON-INTERRUPPTABLE STEPS
- - system disks wiped (by onsite)
- - system unracked and decommissioned (by onsite), update racktables with result
- - switch port configration removed from switch once system is unracked.
- - mgmt dns entries removed.