We use hamburger menu for site navigation (home, random, user menu etc)
The hamburger menu UI pattern is not meant for desktops or tablets as it takes way too much space and doesn't provide value.
We need appropriate navigation on desktop and tablets for Minerva.
We can use the same menu items from hamburger menu and group them into 3 groups
- Explore = Home, Random, Nearby
Ways to explore wikipedia and our content
- User = Sign in OR userpage, watchlist, contributions, sign out
Ways to access user related pages and tools
For now there's only 1 item in this list but as we are creating menu ui, it can be expanded as well
Just the menu
- No hamburger menu at all
- 3 Menu icons on top right, next to notifications
- Show dropdown on Hover with highlight effect
Signed in user
- This can be done only using css