Steps to reproduce:
- Open NWE
- Select a text say, "Title"
- Open Link inspector for it and it will show up suggested pages for "Title"
- Now switch to external link
- Without applying the link close the link inspector by clicking somewhere else in the document
- Now open the link inspector without selecting any text to directly add the link to the page
Observe that, the link inspector opens up with the previous link text "Title" pre-filled in it. This is different from how it works inside VE and I am assuming the behavior of clearing the text fields in VE is the correct one.