When we remove OCG, Electron will be the only option on the selection screen
- Remove OCG as a rendering option
- Remove radio button from single-column option
- Update https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:ElectronPdfService
- Remove all OCG backend logic from ElectronPDFService extension
- Bump ElectronPDFService version as this is breaking change
- Existing instrumentation for Special:ElectronPdf and rendering with the Electron rendering service remains intact
tl;dr: https://wikimedia.invisionapp.com/share/WMDH1YGQD#/screens/253241970 (for guideline purposes only - when reviewing form does not need to look exactly like mock)
- User selects "Download as PDF".
- System displays selection screen with the following:
- heading: Download as PDF
- article file name (name of article)
- button: "Download"
- User selects "Download"
- The PDF download is triggered.
@phuedx: #6 of the workflow was:
- Once download is completed, system navigates user back to original article screen.
AFAIK this is impossible without using newer HTML5 APIs.
- do not include spinner or back button
- Visit https://en.wikipedia.beta.wmflabs.org/w/index.php?title=Special:ElectronPdf&page=Albert+Einstein&action=show-selection-screen&coll-download-url=%2Fw%2Findex.php%3Ftitle%3DSpecial%3ABook%26bookcmd%3Drender_article%26arttitle%3DAlbert%2BEinstein%26returnto%3DAlbert%2BEinstein%26oldid%3D364759%26writer%3Drdf2latex and verify that the form works and that there is no choice of how to generate a PDF.