This task is the first goal of T171977: Annual Plan 2017-2018, Audiences 5: Increase current editor retention and engagement: Recommend where new and tenured users can contribute
The desired outcome is: We understand and begin addressing the issues our larger wikis' communities are facing with extensive backlogs of work.
There are two objectives for this goal:
- Develop a deeper understanding of how communities share, surface, and select contribution tasks on their wikis by researching community-built systems, especially focused on larger wikis
- Improve, adjust, or create features geared at the needs identified in our research. The features will be decided upon based on the findings, but will likely be aimed at the following:
- Supporting users by surfacing recommendations with community-wide contribution tasks, such as in a dashboard
- Provide users with recommendations for contribution tasks personalised to their activity and interests
There are two targets for this goal:
- In established communities, the contribution rate of tenured editors increases.
- In established communities, the rate of increase in backlogs slows.