The Parsing team has identified that generated content is omitted from Parsoid output. See here
This means that for the Reading use case we have to figure out when this continent is missing and then inject it in a way that makes sense for the Reading HTML.
Questions to answer for this ticket:
- It is implied that this is related to specific namespaces. But is this something that happens in the main namespace?
- Is there anything that can be gleaned from the Parsoid output to let us know it is missing?
- If not, is there a definitive list of name spaces that we need to cover?
- Is this a project specific thing? Is it different in each project?
- Once we determine if there is generated content, we need to figure out how to generate it and inject it into the HTML - can we use the MW API? Is it specific to the type of content?