This behaviour has started several weeks (maybe months) ago. Before something changed, blinking cursor position used to be remembered so that after Previewing some page and scrolling down to the editor – cursor was where it was left, so continuation of editing was easier. Now cursor gets reset to beginning after previewing some page. Can this be fixed or is intentional behaviour?
Steps to reproduce the problem:
- Go to some longer article at any Wikipedia, e.g. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathematical_object, with Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox or IE 11 (latest version)
- Log out of Wikipedia (preferably also close all browser windows, then reopen the browser and fresh-open the article again; not necessary), and then after that click on "Edit" tab to edit Wikipedia article allowed for editing as IP address
- After Welcome message is shown click "Start editing" button (to get normal wikieditor, not Visual one), and then scroll down in wikieditor to see "See also" text (to see it in the editor itself)
- Clear e.g. "a" in "See also" to get "See lso" with blinking cursor left to the letter "l" and right to the space, and then click Show preview (do not click Save changes)
- After preview is fully loaded, scroll the page to the wikieditor without clicking anything (except page scrollbar, if mouse or device has no scroll)
Expected result: Blinking cursor is where it has been left, between space and letter "l", with wikieditor scroll positioned as it has been left – or in a such way that blinking cursor can be seen in a position it has been left.
Actual result: There is no blinking cursor at all, text in wikieditor is deselected and wikieditor scroll got reset to beginning (top) – what makes continuation of editing harder (especially if article is really long) because user who is editing must find word(s) where he stopped if he wants to continue from that particular point/part (in this case to continue with editing text "See lso" to correct it).
Few month ago, Actual result was Expected result, as given above; now actual result is as given above because scroll gets reset to beginning and does not remember its position.